The latest issues of Weekly Famitsu and Dengeki PlayStation offer a few new details on the recently announced Ys IX: Monstrum Nox for PlayStation 4 via interviews with Falcom president and CEO Toshihiro Kondo.
Get the notable tidbits below.
- The concept of the game is the subtitle “Monstrum Nox” (Monsters’ Night) itself.
- The game’s setting, Baldeux, is a three-dimensional town with different elevations. Its outskirts include grasslands, forests, and ruins.
- Set in an era after Ys Seven, Adol will appear at his oldest age in the series yet. His name as an adventurer is becoming known all over the world.
- Party battles and simple controls return. Additionally, the game introduces supernatural actions that lean on the supernatural abilities possessed by Monstrum. Wall-running and moving as a shadow are also possible.
- The new “Guild Operations” system is an expansion of Ys VIII‘s “Drifting Village” system.
- The hooded woman equipped with artificial arms and legs is a major key to the game’s story.
- Development is currently 50 percent complete.
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox is due out for PlayStation 4 in 2019 in Japan.
Thanks, Hachima Kikou and Ryokutya2089.