The Project xCloud preview has added more than 50 games, as well as additional device and input types including the DualShock 4 controller, and in 2020 will reach Canada, India, Japan, and western Europe, Microsoft announced.
Project xCloud is Microsoft’s service that allows users to stream Xbox games from the cloud to an Android phone or tablet over a Wi-Fi or mobile network.
Get the new details below.
More Games: 50-Plus Titles Available in the Preview
Content is key for a great game streaming experience. With nearly two decades in the console space, we have developed strong relationships with creative partners across the industry who produce a wide variety of games. We also have 15 first-party studios continuing to create amazing games. It’s our fundamental belief that this content is available for gamers to play when and how they choose.
We’re excited to say that we’re adding more than 50 new titles from over 25 of our valued partners. Games such as Madden NFL 20, Devil May Cry 5, and Tekken 7 are now in the Preview library. Check out the full list of titles here (or below). This is another step in the journey, and we will continue to add more games over time.
- Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown
- ARK: Survival Eveolved
- Battle Chasers: Nightwar
- Black Desert (Standard Edition)
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
- Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons
- Children of Morta
- Conan Exiles
- Crackdown 3
- Darksiders III
- Dead by Daylight
- Dead Island Definitive Edition
- Devil May Cry 5 (with Red Orbs)
- DiRT Rally 2.0
- F1 2019
- Felix the Reaper
- Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour
- For The King
- Forza Horizon 4 Standard Edition
- Gears 5
- Halo 5: Guardians
- Halo Wars 2: Standard Edition
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice
- Hello Neighbor
- Hitman – Game of the Year Edition
- Just Cause 4: Reloaded
- Killer Instinct
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance
- Madden NFL 20
- Mark of the Ninja: Remastered
- MotoGP 19
- Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden
- Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
- Puyo Puyo Champions
- Sea of Thieves: Anniversary Edition
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider Definitive Edition
- Sniper Elite 4
- Soulcalibur VI
- State of Decay 2
- Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
- Tekken 7
- The Bard’s Tale IV: Director’s Cut
- theHunter: Call of the Wild
- Tracks – The Train Set Game
- War Thunder
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2
- World of Final Fantasy Maxima
- World of Tanks: Mercenaries
- World of Warships
- World War Z
- WRC 7 FIA World Rally Championship
- WWE 2K20
- Yoku’s Island Express
More Ways to Play: Expanding Device Input Types
Mobile phones provide a fantastic on-the-go gaming experience, but our goal is to continue to provide people with even more ways to play. Next year, we’ll bring Project xCloud to Windows PCs, and are collaborating with a broad set of partners to make game streaming available on other devices as well.
Enabling people to play games on the device of their choice goes beyond a phone or tablet, it extends into how you control the game. In addition to using an Xbox One wireless controller, we’ll expand support to more Bluetooth controllers beginning next year, including the DualShock 4 wireless controller and game pads from Razer.
More Opportunities for Players Around the World to Get Involved
Since beginning the preview, we’ve been sending out waves of invites to registered gamers, and today, we’re sending out additional invites so more people can experience Project xCloud. We will continue inviting more and more players over the course of the preview, so if you have not already registered, you can sign up here.
We will also bring Project xCloud Preview to more markets beginning in 2020, such as Canada, India, Japan, and Western Europe. Expanding to additional markets over time is an important step in our journey to delight the 2 billion gamers in the world. We’ll have more details to share soon on when and how to register.
We believe that Project xCloud is a key component that will help us achieve our dream of gaming for everyone, everywhere in true Xbox style by…
- Partnering with the world’s best: Content developers/publishers, silicon designers, hardware manufacturers, mobile operators, distributors, and many others.
- Doing it in the way that requires no work for the developers: The over 3,500 games on Xbox One today 1,900 games currently in development are already working on xCloud.
- Bringing along your friends, your achievements, your saved game, and your progression so that you don’t have to start over.
- Combining our strengths in Content, Community, and Cloud with YOU, the gamer, at the center.
We believe in the freedom to play and the freedom to choose. In 2020 we will enable gamers to stream from the cloud Xbox games that they already own or will purchase. We will also add game streaming from the cloud to Xbox Game Pass. Gamers will be free to discover, choose, and play their favorite games anywhere and everywhere.