Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON will launch for PlayStation 4 on July 30 worldwide, Bandai Namco announced.
First-print copies of the physical edition and early purchases of the digital edition will include a product code to download bonus playable Mobile Suit Gundam Barbatos Lupus Rex.
A closed network test will run from April 25 at 3:00 a.m. PT / 6:00 a.m. ET to April 26 at 6:00 p.m. PT / 9:00 p.m. ET. Sign-ups are available now in North America, Europe, Japan, and Southeast Asia until April 10. Chosen participants will be notified on April 17, and a pre-download will be available on the same day. The closed network test will feature a total of 183 playable Mobile Suits and 36 stages across “Player Match,” “Casual Match,” and “Free Battle” modes.
In Japan, the standard edition of Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON will cost 8,200 yen. An 11,200 yen “Premium Sound Edition” and a 14,500 yen Collector’s Edition will also be available. The Collector’s Edition includes the Premium Sound Edition and the “HG 1/144 Extreme Gundam Eclipse F Parts (EX VS. 10th Anniversary Color Ver.)” Gunpla figure. The Premium Sound Edition includes the following 33 additional in-game songs:
- “Tatakai he no Kyoufu” (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- “Char Ga Kuru” (Mobile Suit Gundam)
- “Kantaisen” (Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam)
- “Anime Janai” (Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ)
- “SWAN [Shiratori]” (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack)
- “Beyond the Time ~Mobius no Sora wo Koete~” (Mobile Suit Gundam: Char’s Counterattack)
- “Saigo Kessen” (Mobile Suit Gundam F91)
- “Natsu ni Haru no Saiten wo!” (Mobile Suit Victory Gundam)
- “Flying in the Sky” (Mobile Fighter G Gundam)
- “Zero no Densetsu ~XXXG-OOWO~” (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing)
- “Rhythm Emotion” (Mobile Suit Gundam Wing)
- “Shisen” (After War Gundam X)
- “Turn A Turn” (Turn A Gundam)
- “Tachiagare! Okori yo” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
- “Believe” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED)
- “Youki to Hohoemi” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny)
- “Sakebi to Gekitetsu” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny)
- “Pride” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny)
- “Trans-am Raiser” (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- “Scramble” (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- “Decisive Battle” (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- “Ash Like Snow” (Mobile Suit Gundam 00)
- “Zips” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray)
- “Stargazer ~Hoshi No Tobira~” (Mobile Suit Gundam SEED C.E. 73: Stargazer)
- “Shishutsusu!” (Mobile Suit Gundam MS IGLOO)
- “Laplace” (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn)
- “Re: I Am” (Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn)
- “VII” (Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team)
- “Assault Waves” (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083)
- “Full Burner (Zenryoku Funsha)” (Mobile Suit Gundam 0083)
- “Gundam AGE ~100-Nen no Monogatari” (Mobile Suit Gundam AGE)
- “G no Senkou” (Gundam Reconguista in G)
- “Gundam G no Reconguista” (Gundam Reconguista in G)
A new trailer highlights various features of the PlayStation 4 version, including:
- Two-versus-Two High-Speed Team Battles – Arm each unit with a staggering variety of gear. Master a variety of actions. Cooperation is the key to victory. Lay waste to rivals with your trusty ally by your side.
- Three Extreme Burst Systems – Master three Extreme Burst systems to strategically dismantle foes along with your ally.
- Fighting Burst – Enhanced close-quarters abilities. Break your opponent’s guard with melee attacks.
- Shooting Burst – Gives ranged attacks an edge. Boosted reload speed.
- Extended Burst – Turn the tables in times of crisis. When taking damage, use an EX Burst to get back on track.
- More Game Modes – Tons of modes for deploying solo.
- Maxiboost Mission – Complete missions in exchange for upgrade data. Acquire upgrade data to customize your Mobile Suit. Feeling brave? Try your hand at a harder mission!
- Branch Battle – Difficulty varies with route. Choose wisely… Also supports split-screen gameplay. (Free Battle also supports split-screen.)
- Online Battles – Fight online and test your skills against rivals from across the globe.
- Player Match – Create a session for head-to-head action.
- Rank Match – Fight for glory in ranked matches.
- Casual Match – For those who just want to jump in a fight.
- Replay Functionality – Study your rivals for the showdown to come.
- Offline Battles
- LAN Battle – Connect your PlayStation 4 systems via Ethernet cable for offline two-on-two team battles.
- Limitless Customization
- Navigator Characters – Enjoy the Battle nad Player Navigator Sets ported straight from the arcade.
- Additional Costumes – Rack up play sessions to unlock dazzling costumes.
- Titles – Collect parts and customize. Enjoy a vast library of exciting titles.
- Gauge Designs and Emblems – Gauge designs add depth to your battle experience.
- New Playable Mobile Suits – Introducing exclusive units not in the arcade roster. The total unit count now comes out to 185.
- Zaku Amazing (piloted by Tatsuya Yuuki) – A diverse ranged arsenal plus lethal melee mastery. The Crimson Comet storms onto the scene.
- Montero (piloted by Klim Nick) – The Beam Javelin combines offense and defense into a single devastating weapon.
Here is a brief overview of hte game, via Bandai Namco:
Set in the globally iconic Gundam universe, Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON enables players to take two-on-two player-versus-player combat to the next level with Mobile Suits spanning the entire breadth of the franchise’s history. Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. Maxiboost ON features 185 playable units from 36 different Gundam iterations, each with unique abilities designed to match any fan’s personal playstyle. Players can choose between three different EX Burst Systems—Fighting Burst, Extend Burst, and Shooting Burst—to coordinate with allies and lay waste to all that stand (or fly) in their way.
Watch the trailer and a Japanese TV commercial below. View a new set of screenshots and artwork at the gallery.