1979 Revolution: Black Friday will launch for PlayStation 4 on July 31 (North America) / August 1 (Europe), Switch on August 2, and Xbox One on August 3, publisher Digerati and developer iNK Stories announced.
The choice-dirven, narrative adventure game first launched for PC (Steam) in April 2016.
The game is available for pre-order now from the Nintendo eShop in North America, and pre-orders start on July 18 in Europe. Pre-orders start from the Xbox Store on July 18. All pre-orders will include a 20 percent discount. On PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 subsribers will also be entitled to a 20 percent discount during launch week.
Here is an overview of the game, via Digerati:
Based on true stories and historical events, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday is an interactive drama about choice and consequence, chaos and order.
The year is 1978, the place is Tehran, Iran. You play as Reza Shirazi, a young photojournalist who returns home to find his people protesting the ruling King, the Shah. Armed with your camera, you capture the emotionally-charged stories and events unfolding on the streets and in the shadows.
As you’re pulled deeper into the dangerous world of civil unrest and revolution, the fate of those around you becomes intrinsically linked to the decisions you make and the path you choose to follow.
- Critical Choices: The choices you make will shape your experience in the revolution, and the fates of those around you – both in the present and the future.
- Cinematic Experience: Branching cinematic story told through motion captured animation and voice over performances. Discover the rarely seen world of Tehran in the 1970s, through a striking visual style.
- Exploration: Explore the world of the collapsing city under martial law: covert headquarters, rioting protests, bustling city streets and more.
- Photography: Take photos of the period accurate in-game world and compare them to the original archival photos captured by celebrated photojournalists.
- Unique Gameplay: Including urban triage, interactive action scenes and photo processing.
- Key Collectibles: Discover and unlock more than 80+ unique stories that color and enhance your experience of the Iranian Revolution, including primary sources such as archival videos, home movies, graffiti, photographs and more.
- Based on True Events: Based on real first-hand testimonies of freedom fighters, witnesses and casualties of the revolution which helped define the 21st century, as well as those who were imprisoned in Iran’s notorious Evin Prison.
Watch a new trailer below.